Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Second Quarter Finish-A-Long list

I found out about the Finish-A-Long midway about a month ago, too late to participate in the first quarter's prizes since I hadn't submitted a list of proposed finishes.  But now it's time to start the second quarter and here is my list of proposed finishes!

The easy one - I have a little table topper made from a Moda Bake Shop recipe using a candy bar, which has been quilted for years and I'm only dragging my feet on the binding.  I don't know why; I actually like binding, so that's going to be first.

The quilt guild is looking for a few small quilt donations for the August show, so I plan to finish a couple of my Quiltmaker 100 Blocks test blocks into small quilts.  I can't share pics of them yet since they haven't been published (volume 15) but one is an English paper pieced wreath and one is a two-color foundation paper pieced design.  They'll need borders, quilting and binding to count as finishes.

Also a guild show-related project, another member had made a quilt top and didn't feel up to finishing it.  I volunteered to take it on in order to get it quilted and donate it back to the guild.  I need to baste and quilt and finish that one.

There are two more that I don't know whether will make it into this quarter's finishes or not - my lime and navy Modern Vortex small quilt from last year's Debby Kratovil workshop, and my silk Curvalicious quilt runner from last year's Cheryl Lynch workshop.

My long reach is to finish my Windows into my World quilt (Geta Grama design_ - the EPP is done, now I have to applique it to the background fabric, baste quilt and bind.

Wow, there's a lot of basting, quilting and binding on my plate this spring!  To recap:
#1 - Candy Bar table topper
#2 & #3 - small quilts from 100 Blocks Volume 15 test blocks
#4 - Slide Show quilt (batiks)
#5 - Modern Vortex
#6 - silk Curvalicious runner
#7 - Windows Into My World

Here's hoping I finish them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment