Wednesday, December 3, 2014

nothing happening

I'm still kicking, but that's about all I have to say.  We were fortunate to sell our house less than a week after listing it for sale this past summer, but that's where our good luck pretty much ended.  We sold about a third of what we own, put most of the rest in storage, and moved just clothes, food and bare necessities into my dad's house at the end of the summer.  "Bare necessities" includes toiletries, computers, financial documents, and, for me, one sewing machine, a basket of notions, two WIPs and some fabric scraps.

The rest of my sewing room - fabric, books, notions, and every quilt I own - is in a storage unit in North Carolina somewhere, along with all our Christmas decorations, furniture, personal memorabilia, kitchenware, family photos, etc., etc.  I'm far more fortunate than the refugees I see in the middle east fleeing their homelands for safety with only the clothes on their backs, but I do worry that I'll never see my belongings again.

Neither of us has had much luck finding work in the almost seven months since my husband was let go, despite job searching being our full-time jobs during these past three months since the move.  We are grateful to have a free roof over our heads but the stress is leaving us struggling to find hope - rather than fear - in what might come next.  I have little momentum and space to sew, so if life doesn't change for us soon, this blog will probably end up being pretty pointless to maintain.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, I know you are feeling discouraged right now. Hang in there. Yes, you are blessed to have free lodging, but it's just not the same as having your own place. Keep stitching, even if you don't really feel like it. Might surprise you how much better you feel. Just a little stitching really helps the mood. I'll be praying for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete