Thursday, April 12, 2018

Finish-A-Long list 2Q2018



Although I was able to finish four of my fourteen proposed finishes for Q1 (and make some good progress on some others) I'm going to make a short list for Q2.  That's because the quarter will really only work out to about a month and a half of sewing time for me.  Right now, my sewing room is all packed up in boxes since we close on our new house on April 30 and move on May 4!

I figure it will take me about a week or two to unpack to the point that I can get anything done, so I'm only proposing the easiest and fastest of finishes.  Here goes!

1.  Cape Ann.  This top is at the longarmer now and binding is already made and ready to sew on.
This was a photo taken before the borders were added.  The design is one of Pat Speth's Nickel Quilts - I just love the fabric line by Oliver & S for Moda even though it's pretty old!

2.  Small Quilt #2 from previous lists.

This is partially quilted in the white areas and I need to finish with black and then turn it into a pillow.  This is a priority because it's for my son (to go with the extra long twin quilt I made him for his first summer college session, shown below) and he starts as a college freshman in August.
3.  The infinity scarf in my school colors.  It should be fast when I get around to sewing it so I'm keeping it on this list.

I made lots of progress on the other items on my 1Q list but I don't think I can realistically finish anything else before the end of June.  Look for me to go all out in 3Q though!!  Linking up to Dizzy Quilts for anyone else who wants to join this quarter! 

18 comments:

  1. A simple, manageable list. Good luck with the move and finding some time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list and you can totally finish up at least one of these pretty quilts! Thanks for linking up with the Finish-A-Long on behalf of the 2018 global hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all of this, greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post Kristen! Really help keep us on the ball with quilting related topics. Keep the content coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for yet another great post. Bookmarking and sharing with a few friends and clients!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post Kristen, lots of effort and tons of value. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Just Wow! I like all your posts. It provides really practical insights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad i came across this post! The perfect way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! Every time I see you have new content the first thing I do is put the kettle on for a coffee. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect timing! Exactly what I’m looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really appreciate all the time you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I am your silent fan. Thanks for the great information!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Post! Thank you for taking your time sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can’t be more thankful.This is something I was looking for the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great craft ideas! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hanks for in the depth info as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this interesting post. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete