Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the pink quilt

Here is the top for my Honey's younger daughter that I finished piecing Monday night.
It's a little pink for my taste, but I'm hoping a 9-year-old girl who loves pink will like it!

It also came from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises, my third quilt made from her books this year.  It is a pink and white variation on her Scrap-Basket Blues quilt.  And of course, I kept the 2" bonus HSTs from it according to Bonnie Hunter's bonus triangles instructions!

I snapped this quickly on my way out the door this morning and didn't photograph the other tops I'd finished.  I still have to piece a backing for this and get it to Laura at Star City Stitchery.  Again, one thing I love about her longarm quilting service is the ability to watch her work on my quilt on webcam.  It makes me feel involved with every step of my quilt's progress!

More to come later.  I'd love to get a pedicure tonight but still get some time in my sewing room later working on the backing and then my dad's kaleidoscope blocks.  Yesterday was a wash - we survived the earthquake at work (yes, it was scary to feel the entire office building swaying!) and then my Honey's new hire came over for drinks and nibbles, and after he left we just watched a movie.  I have only two more of my Drunkard's Path blocks to hand-piece so I don't know what's up next for handwork!  Maybe time to focus on some quilt labels for a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment