Sunday, July 2, 2017

I'm a FAiLure, but trying again for 3Q

I had such high hopes for the Finish-A-Long for second quarter.  As it turns out, I didn't finish a darn thing on my list.

On the bright side, I did finally land a full-time benefitted job at my employer of choice, after five years of underemployment and three years of applying there!  So yay!  As excuses go, that might be a pretty good one.  I also became a published quilt block designer during 2Q, so there's that too.

But as for quilting, I got some things basted and ready for quilting, but nothing, not even the mini that only needed binding, finished.  (Although I *DID* buy the fabric to bind it!)

So the first part of my 3QFAL is the first part of 2Q:

#1 - Candy Bar table topper
#2 & #3 - small quilts from 100 Blocks Volume 15 test blocks
#4 - Slide Show quilt (batiks)
#5 - Modern Vortex
#6 - silk Curvalicious runner
#7 - Windows Into My World

Now to add a few new things.  Our quilt show is in August and I'm teaching a demo on Saturday.  I did not have it all together in time to submit any of my quilts for showing - I've learned the hard way that if it isn't finished by the time the form is due, don't try to enter it! - but I do want to finish at least a TOP of charm techniques that I don't have done yet.  I keep gifting all my quilts I make for this demo, and then I'm asked to teach the demo again and don't have any quilts for the show & tell!
So to continue ... #8 - charm square top
#9 - my Moda Layer Cake Mix recipe
 and #10 - my One Block Wonder from the class I took in April.


Will I finish them all?  HECK no!  Will I finish at least one of them?  Gosh, I hope so. Fingers crossed!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!! Nothing wrong with taking a little break from sewing when you're so busy in other areas of your life! Good luck this quarter tackling your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better have a long list than a short one :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have so been there, done that. Wanting to quilt but life getting in the way. Good luck with this time around. Congrats on the new job! (And buy a bit of fabric. hehehe) Please finish the One Block Wonder - that's the prettiest one I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on landing the position! That has to feel good. Good luck with your third quarter goals. Even if you don't get them completely finished, progress counts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of BIG lists! Love the One Block Wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job. And can't wait to see the One Block Wonder. Always wanted to do one.

    ReplyDelete