Monday, September 26, 2011

Still here, recuperating

I did make it to quilt guild the night before my hysterectomy and showed off the two finished projects.  First, the Hoopla baby quilts:

I finished sewing the bindings on them that evening and sent them out later in the week (my big post-surgical outing to the post office).  The recipients loved them.

The other quilt I showed was the wall hanging I made with Moda's City Weekend Candy Bars (2.5" x 5") from the Moda Bake Shop recipe.  Here is a closeup taken at guild showing the bubble play quilting from Laura at Star City Stitchery:

It goes with the baby quilt I made Janice before (see here) which she hung on the wall rather than put on the baby. 

I haven't done much sewing in the almost two weeks since my recuperation.  I did sew the binding onto the quilt I am now calling "Pink Profusion" and will take that one to guild next week for show and tell.  I am starting to be up and about more and while I'm trying to do some work from home, I also want to log some time in my sewing room.  The Kaleidoscope blocks are nearly finished, I have catching up to do on the Civil War Chronicles BOM, and I have all but fallen off the face of the earth with the FWQAL.  Yet somehow I'm in the mood to do one new quilt from start to finish for no apparent reason.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment