Tuesday, October 18, 2011

goodies arrived


These are the goodies from my Fab ShopHop prize package.  The quilt kit has a music theme and I think I will donate the entire kit to the guild's silent auction to be held in December.  The fat quarters, however, shown above, are all mine!  Some great stashbuilders there!

My Honey just hit the road to spend the next week on site at the Extreme Home Makeover build going on in Joplin, Missouri (will be aired in the spring, I think), where our company will be prominently featured for its contributions to the houses replacing some of those destroyed in the tornado.  We had planned to go to my Dad's this weekend to spend it with the kids, but my son wanted to go to a birthday party at an amusement park on Saturday instead, so my Honey will fly back there to spend the weekend with his girls (in a hotel) and hopefully come home on Sunday, although there's a chance he'll have to fly back to Missouri instead.  That leaves me almost an entire week, including a weekend, all by myself.  I really want to bang out some sewing room work, including the following:
  • finish Kaleidoscope and get that and Jelly Girl to Star City Stitchery
  • finish the cat house as a Christmas present
  • whip up some business card holders as a few Christmas presents
  • cut fabric for Dark Star and do some piecing on it
  • prepare at least one block for the needle-turn applique demo at the November guild meeting
  • and maybe, just maybe, start something new.
However, this morning I had my last post-surgery follow-up visit with my doctor, who pronounced me healthy enough to return to normal activity like exercise and vacuuming.  So I want to be sure to get to the gym a couple of times this week after work.  Although I bought a few new items to add to my work wardrobe this past weekend, I would rather get back into the size 4 and 6 stuff I already have instead of buying anything else in a 10.

It will be odd to be on my own at home for almost a full week but hopefully I make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment