Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A glimmer of light ...

... it's either the sun peeking out from the rainclouds or the light at the end of the tunnel, but things are starting to brighten up.

Last night I rediscovered my sewing room for the first time in SEVENTEEN days.  That's right, I counted.  I had to skip quilt guild to do it, but that wasn't that hard a choice, since it was our social that started at 6 PM and I could not even get myself there by then, let alone bring a covered dish to share with the members.

Anyway, I can't show you what I worked on, though, because all I had time to do is catch up on my deadlines for Quiltmaker Magazine and testing the blocks for their upcoming 100 Blocks, Volume Six. I will say though that one of them was particularly fun to make and only required that I dive into my bin of precut strips and squares to do!  I've made five blocks so far and am really enjoying the challenge, and I can't wait to share more with you.

Since I've had the 100 Blocks issues on the brain lately, then, imagine my excitement when I found out that I was the lucky winner of the Volume Five issue that Lee Heinrich gave away over at her blog, Freshly Pieced, as part of the 100 Blocks Tour!!  I have been SO BUSY with work and personal life (I think I have now had three different weddings to my Honey since the beginning of the year) that I did not have much time to visit many of the blogs on the tour, and yet I kept peeking at my email on my phone all weekend to see if maybe I got a "Congratulations, you won!" email.  It didn't come until yesterday, but despite the odds, it came!!  I can't wait to get my copy and, well, let it distract me from the projects I have started from the previous issues ...?

Anyway, work is calling for now, time to get back to it.  But I am bound and determined to get back to finishing the border for Civil War Chronicles soon ...

1 comment:

  1. Life is unfortunately that way some times...too busy with so many other things that we can't do the things we love. Glad to know you got to do some sewing. Hopefully things will settle down soon for you.

    ReplyDelete