Wednesday, June 15, 2011

FWQAL fabrics

Yesterday, after a grueling 11-hour day in the office, I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics on the way home.  As I mentioned in my previous post, their sale this week included fat quarters for only $0.99.  I ended up choosing yardage in three focal prints - the bright squares, the cool-colored dots, and the blue/green paisley - and then a bunch of fat quarters to coordinate.  Although their premium quilting fabrics were not on sale, I used a couple of 50% coupons and I ended up with sale prices on everything (plus my VIP 10% discount on top of that).  Honestly, I feel like I steal from that store sometimes. 


I also bought a Clover bias tape maker that I read about at Jillily Studio since it was 50% off ... I'd read about them and seen them often enough, but after such a glowing review I had to have one.  So 17 FQs, 3.5 yards of fabric, and a bias tape maker for around $35 ... not bad.

Rest assured, I have PLENTY of fat quarters, yardage and scraps to coordinate with these already, but part of the fun of fabric shopping is choosing things that match.  The woman at the cutting counter complimented my choice of fabrics, and I was surprised myself that I chose all modern fabrics.  Then again, Jo-Ann's doesn't exactly have the blowout selection like some of my favorite quilt stores.

I saw the book for sale there, and I think all quilting books are currently 40% off, whereas I ordered it from amazon.com at 34% off.  I seriously thought about buying it and canceling my Amazon order, but I also ordered the third book in the Hunger Games series to read with my son this summer, and wouldn't get my free shipping on it.  Amazon is estimating delivery date between tomorrow and Saturday, and honestly, I have enough to do without beginning on these yet.  In flipping through the book I see that each book references various template numbers, and when I get it, I might sit down and create templates before I even begin cutting and sewing fabric.  We have had a Netflix DVD sitting in front of our TV since November so that sort of thing is good TV-watching activity.

I have already told my Honey that I need some quilting time tonight, and I'm looking forward to a rare weekend with absolutely NOTHING on tap.  Although I swear I will devote some of that time to curtains, tonight I want to get caught up on some other projects, like my Civil War Chronicles BOM.  I recently downloaded the Blogger app to my Droid and am looking forward to taking some more pictures for anyone who might be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment