Wednesday, June 29, 2011

FWQAL Week 4

Last night I worked on two more blocks:
From left, #12, Broken Sugar Bowl; #6, Big Dipper.

You might notice that I did not use the focal print I had used previously, but a few prints from my stash that coordinate with my earlier blocks, show below:




I note that I tend to use one very busy print and a lot of tonals or solids to coordinate.  Just my comfort zone, I suppose.

One more night and I will be caught up with this week - Week 5 - but I'm not all that sure it's going to happen.  Tonight we are hosting the 18-year-old son of a friend, he has been hiking the Appalachian Trail and is stopping by for a homecooked meal, shower, and sleep in a bed after logging some 700 miles since March.  Although I imagine it will be an early night for everyone, I'm rarely motivated to hit my sewing room later in the evening, and I need some extra sleep myself.  We'll see if I do any sewing tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment