Thursday, March 15, 2012

Free sewing day!! Woo hoo!

Okay, by "day" I mean evening, but still.  I was supposed to go from work to a business dinner tonight with my Honey and one of his colleagues coming into town, but it turned from a casual thing with spouses to a departmental thing (I work for the same company but a different department) so I was uninvited.  At first I was annoyed at missing out on a free meal at one of my favorite restaurants but then I started thinking about all the other stuff I could do instead!  So after work I will go get a pedicure, then grab Taco Bell (did you know that their chicken soft taco, fresco style, is only 150 calories and low in fat?  A pair of those with some fire sauce for flavor makes a great quick and healthy meal!), and get home and SEW.  I'll just have to decide if I feel like quilting Jacob's Ladder or piecing top and borders on Spanish Treasure.

Last night I cut the fat quarters for the upcoming giveaway and so I am all ready to take some photos and put  up a blog post tomorrow morning. 

And in other exciting news, when my Honey got his bonus check earlier this month he teased me about buying me my longarm quilting machine.  I know the money has got to go toward the house, though, and told him so.  So he said, "well, maybe I can buy you some fabric then."  Well, yes, yes he can!  I had been sad that I put Emily Herrick's "Going Coastal" on my Christmas list but didn't get any and it's starting to disappear.  But I've found that Lilly Bella Fabrics carries the whole line, and will even cut fat quarters!  Seriously, how can you not adore this fabric??

So now I just need to decide what I want to make with it and make sure I order enough of it.  That plaid especially reminds me of an old bedspread we used as a beach blanket back when we owned a house on the Jersey shore, and of course my mouth waters whenever I see blue crabs.  What fabric line are YOU dying to get your hands on before it's gone?

2 comments:

  1. Blueberry Crumb Cake, YUMMY.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky girl you are to have such a nice husband! Offer to buy you a Longarm?? Wow. Hold on to him! :) I want some salt air so bad I can taste it...but it just came out so I do have time!

    ReplyDelete